Monday, January 18, 2010

THANK YOU for all your prayers!


Ty, "I'm here for you Tinker."


Tinker, "Look at my poor legs and neck......they took my furs!"



Mommies notes:
I would like to thank all of you for such kind words and all your prayers. The last six months have been draining. On the up side, Tinker is improving every day. He was on antibiotics for crystals in his urine but apparently they stopped working. An infection started going to his kidneys, we found him frozen in a walk position in the kitchen. It was Sunday, 2am when my son and I rushed him to the emergency vet clinic. We were there till 5am when he was stable and comfortable. After much needed sleep, we went to visit him later that day. There were several other male cats with urine blockages and infections also on IVs and huddled under blankets. Tinker started purring and rubbing on the towel under him when I approached his cage. The assistant opened the door so I could cuddle him and he even ate some food after awhile. They released him, the following Tuesday afternoon with an agreement between the vet and myself that he stay on the food he was given for 3 weeks. I was not thrilled but agreed. Since the ingredients are not the best......... by products, corn....when was the last time you saw a cat willingly eat corn?????? Cellulose, guar gum, and the first ingredient is water........is it purified....does it contain bleach from city water? (Remembering the last few years in Levittown, turning on the tap first time in the morning and the strong smell of bleach!)
A week after Tinker is off the antibiotics he needs to return for a check up and have his urine checked for crystals then.....he is off to a Holistic Vet!!!! I have since changed his cat litter to Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Senior litter RX.......it is also to help prevent kidney failure & urinary infections by not promoting
E-Coli bacteria growth. I was in Pet Smart getting a new litter pan for the cage Tinker would be in for awhile to monitor his pee output when I spotted this new litter. It also works fantastic in the automatic cat pan because it doesn't waste litter and it doesn't gum up the works....LOVE IT!!!!!
Well, it's time for Tinker's pills and water tubes....again, Thank you!!! Holly

15 comments:

Daisy said...

Oh, Tinker, I'm glad you are feeling better.

We go to a holistic vet, too, and we really appreciate his knowledge of nutrition and the time he spends with us during each visit.

The Florida Furkids said...

We had a wonderful Holistic Vet in Yardley Pa. If you are near there (or not too far away) and haven't found a vet yet, she is very good. Her name is Deva Khalsa and she's on Yardley Langhorne Road in Yardley.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Cezar and Léia said...

Thanks God Tinker is feeling better!We will keep praying!
Thanks so much for all information!
purrs and always love
LUna - WE LOVE LUNA

The Creek Cats said...

Bless heart, Tinker! I can remember when Cal was hospitalized for 3 days for the same thing. So we definitely feel yours and Tinker's pain. We think going to a holistic vet is a great idea. If we had access to one, we'd go too! We'll continue to send Tinker lots of healing purrs until he is all better.

The Island Cats said...

Poor Tinker! We're glad he's doing better now. You all have been through so much lately...you need some good stuff now!!

We wish we could find a holistic vet near us...

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We are glad you are getting better Tinker. We will keep on purring for you.

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

So glad that Tinker is feeling better. What an ordeal he has been through. Bless him..I am purring my loudest for you all.. Hugs GJ x

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh poor Tinker, mom haf not been letting us get on and visit nearly enuff and we din't even know yoo were sick and at da vets! We is purring fur yoo now tho and we hope effurything will be okay.

Quill and Greyson said...

Glad you're doing better. Hope you find some answers.

Mom just bought that litter for me too, but she hasn't changed it out yet.

Tuck said...

What a rough time you have all had. I'm so sorry to hear about Luke. At least he is back with Obi and they are playing and running at the Bridge. I'm purring for Tinker and hoping that he continues to improve.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That is quite an ordeal. Good luck with the holistic vet. They can frequently be helpful in those situations. We love ours to death!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Oh, Tinker, what a horrible time for you. But it looks like your brothers are taking very good care of you. The picture of ICE is adorable!

(((hugs)))

cwcwccw said...

Yes Thanks God Tinker is feeling better, we still prays for you Tinker and everyone at the cat street boyz.


joanne, jane, jill, johnny, jay boy, jasmine & capu from singapore

Ozark Mountain Cats said...

I tend to adopt more boy cats than girls so after having a couple episodes of UTI I switched to CD which is what I suspect your vet suggested. For years I fed all my cats CD and only quit when I retired and became poorer. While on it I NEVER had a cat get a UTI and the average age of my cats when they passed away was 17 years.

Cory said...

I sure hope Tinker is doing better. Our Cecilia has to go on the "special" urinary food and my mom is not happy at all that the ingredients are quite awful. When she tried to put Cecilia back on our no grain no by product food, Cecilia's bladder issues came back. It's so hard to know what to do. I hope the holistic v-e-t can help.